Friday, June 23, 2006

Aargghhh!!!

"I thought I was out, but they pulled me back in."

I had my care conference for my Mom this morning.  Pretty much I need to find a new place for her since her dementia is more than they can take care of at this place.  Understood, but not happy.  However when they recommended that she have a sitter be with her until she leaves from 7 am to 7 pm  after we are already paying 3k a month for her to be there was pushing it.  Although I know for them it is a liability thing.  All this and I leave for Florida in the morning.  Very grateful for my SIL to offer to help in anyway she can.  So she is going to get the list of new places and find out what is available since I won't be able to really work on it till next Wednesday.  So I am waiting to hear from the home health aide place on getting a sitter.  Just when I thought it was getting slow.

Still trying to let go of D from last night and I think that is the lesson here.  However I still have the Woody Allen line in my head, "how did I miss read those signs."  LOL.  I could count on both hands how many times she said she was a single Mom and I thought the cell phone number was the cherry on top.  Oh well.  She has my number so we will see what happens.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a feeling they were going to tell you she needed more care. Is there anyone who can help you out? Taking care of sickly or aging parents can become a full-time job. I wish you luck!

Tracie

Anonymous said...

Hope everything goes good in Florida!!! I know what you are going through with yoiur mom... I am doing the same with mine... only mine still lives at home by herself but that won't be for too much longer I'm afraid!!! Be safe in your travels!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your mom. I know how time consuming it must be. Well have a good time in Florida.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry.  My father had dementia so I know how hard it can be to find loving, capable people to care for her.  I feel for your mother too.  A change is so hard for dementia sufferers to understand.  My prayers are with you.  I know exhausting it all can be.  Pennie  

Anonymous said...

Sounds like caring for your mom is bringing your whole family together. This is so great, Mike. You are doing a fantastic job.  And today's the day for your flight to Florida. Hope it is  relaxing and enjoyable! ---angel