Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Hot & Sweaty

Whew!  Well I am back home after dropping all Mom's stuff at her place.  Glad to hear all the nice things about her and I realized that most people even staff don't know she will be moving out at some point.  She was doing well and having someone sitting with all day seems to be doing her good.  Finding a new place has hit a snag in that one they are more expensive and that when money runs out she will have to go to a nursing home since there is no Medicaid acceptance.  So we are pondering what to do. 

The funny thing at the facility is that I am the "handsome son".  So I have all of the aid staff running up to say hello.  LOL.

Okay now comes the hard part of shifting back to normal work mode.  Glad the day isn't packed since I need time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how anyone affords to be elderly and in need of care, really.   That's part of what scares me about my father.   I'd love to have him in a care facility, but he's NOT ready for a nursing home.......   I hope you find just the right spot for her:) and glad things are doing decently there right now.

Anonymous said...

I hope you find a way to avoid the nursing home...my mom had to go to one for a few weeks....we ended up moving her home and having someone come to the house to take care of her. It's tough to know what the right thing to do is.

Tracie

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad to hear about your Mom. I hope she is doing well. How is your son doing by the way ??? I'm sure things will work out for your mom just hang in there. Of course such a great nice looking guy as yourself would have all of the staff running up to say hello why not ???????? Your quite a charming guy if you don't mind me saying so. Take care Mike.

Anonymous said...

sounds like you have a lot going on. I hope you find your mom someplace to live soon. I know it's so hard.

Anonymous said...

Well, Mike .... We gals all could have told you THAT !  Hey, I hope you enjoyed it !  Tina