Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Tuesday Night

Boy I can't wait till I don't have to work a second job.  I didn't have to work tonight and like the last 2 nights I have headed over to Starbucks to relax and read.  It's a nice thing. 

My Mom was off tonight when I called her.  Our worry now is that she will not perform well when she is evaluated Friday.  Since a poor evaluation will mean more money each month for her.

Talking to one of my patients today and I never thought of the flip side of the coin.  Since the Navy is like the top employer around here almost everyone is military.  Most of the women I have met have been military wives.  No problem here since there is a slice of everything in that population.  Her complaint was that if you didn't want a military man there was slim pickings.  That being Bubba and Earl.  Just an interesting observation.

With my ex I am going to need to talk to her.  For the last 7 years yes that includes the last 5 years of marriage.  My ex has been very angry that if we ever separated that we would still have to have contact because of our son.  This whole broken communication thing is her way of trying to get around it.  If it didn't affect our son I could give a shit what she did.  However if she needs to go through him to communicate things that's not good.  He is a child and does not need the responsibility of an adult nor responsibility that is not even his.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with what you said about adult communication. The child doesn't need to bear responsiblity over something that really should be talk, hear and handle only by adult.
Good for you Mike!
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry your ex is angry and uses your son to talk to you.

Anonymous said...

You are so right about not communicating your issues through your son.  Things are hard enough of him, as is, without that added burdon.  Too bad you X wife can't look at things in a mature way, as you are doing!

Jackie