Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Tuesday Night

Whew!  What a day.  I'll be happy when my Mom is settled in with everything.  All was well until her new doctor didn't know we were going to be there.  So it made me late for the rest of the day.  When I am rushing I am stressed and forgetful.  So it was a draining afternoon.  I was very happy with my choice of doctor's offices.  They were very friendly and helpful. Also very happy that my Mom likes where she is and she is being taken care of very well.  She couldn't remember how she got back to her room last night, but she did and was bathed this morning.  So I was happy.

Having a hard time getting into the full push back into my office.  I know what it is.  It is easier to help and focus on someone else.  I get a lot of affirmation for my helping and I feel good, but it is a pale shade of how I could feel with the achievements of the harder work of my stuff.  So I am trying to let go, but it is hard.  I think I may look for a parent care givers group.  Just to talk to others going through the same.  It hit me when the doctor was asking me what was my Mom's support in the area and I was like it is just me. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your a wonderful son. How scary not to remember things like going back to your room. I'm very sorry for your mother.