Monday, June 26, 2006

Monday Evening

Well I did about 9 hours of the drive.  I was thinking about doing the last 4 1/2 hours, but then it just hit me and I was really tired so I stopped.  Glad I did because I am really bushed and I don't want to start the first day back in the office wiped.  Talking to my friend this morning he said I finally sounded alive in many a day.  So Taking this time to relax will help.  Now the hard part will be staying awake till I am hungry again for dinner.  I just ate a little while before I stopped.

I learned a few things in my drive today.  That road kill in the deep south doesn't really have raccoons or possums.  It's all armadillos.  They must be top heavy creatures since they were all dead on the back.  The other is that classic rock stations seem to go by different animals.  In VA Beach we have the Fox, but on the way up I listened to the Gator, the Eagle, the Hawk, and the Black Dog.  I don't see what the connection is between these things, but I am tired.

The first part of the trip I think all the stress of the last few weeks came out.  I was completely nuts in the car.  I have to say I was scared that I had lost my sanity.  However tonight finds me in my usual place in my head.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do not really see a lot of roadkill in the South because they are delicacies. LOL.

Anonymous said...

happy you found your sanity. Yuck on the roadkill.