Thursday, June 8, 2006

What a Day

What a day that started at 3:30 am this morning.  Well I am back in Virginia with my Mom and everything went well.  Glad we ended up doing it this way since it took a lot out of her.  When we arrived at the airport in Virginia she was like "I don't want to go."  I told her she had to and it all went smoothly after that.  I can't believe they didn't;t get a walker for her down at rehab.  If she holds onto something she can walk fine, but out in the open with nothing to hold on to forget about it.  Well the fun is just beginning.

Airplane Comments

When I boarded my first plane today and I looked through the window into the cockpit and saw the pilot looking in a text book and writing things down I thought that wasn't a good sign.  However I am still here so I guess he got what he needed.

I was boarded and watched the flight attendant do her little safety show.  I think she gave up a long time ago that anyone was paying attention.  I've seen better hand gestures from a person having a seizure.

Boy were the pushing the upgrades to first class.  I mean how much soda could I drink in a hour and half flight that would equal $35.  Leaving first out of the plane really doesn't do it for me.  More leg room not really.  Let me lay down across 2 seats and we got a deal. 

On the topic of leg room I realized why they put your stuff in front of you.  You won;t put your feet on your stuff, but what the hey if it someone else's.

Yes I had way TOO much time on my hands today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to say HI! :)
I haven't been on a commercial flight in 5 yrs!
have a Great Day!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike...3:30am is WAY too early to be doing ANYTHING, my friend!  ha ha!  But I'm glad you got your mom there safe & sound.  The walker thing really confuses me, why didn't they give her one?  Can you take one to her?  Just a thought...........Good Luck with everything, you have alot on your plate right now, but YOU can get through it!  I know you will!
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

well happy that you had a safe flight.