Monday, June 5, 2006

The Best Laid Plans ...

Well I will leave early Thursday morning to pick up my Mom.  My Aunt & Uncle are uncomfortable picking her up so I will rent a car and pick her up.  Then come back in the afternoon.

I misunderstood the assisted living place.  She can not be evaluated and move in on the same day.  So she will be evaluated Friday and move in Monday.  Not too bad except that I have a seminar this whole weekend and need to work Saturday morning and evening.  So either my brother needs to come down and be with her while I'm out or I will need to get a home health aide. 

I put together her furniture today and brought over some pictures I had in storage to liven the place up.  Oh that's right I need to get her phone and cable connected.  Oye.  Boy this all got dumped in my lap didn't it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww Mike..it sounds like you're doing  a lot for her..but remember how it was when it was the other way around?
Your entry here shows what a caring and faithful son you are. She's a lucky mom to have you for a son!
have a safe trip`
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure this is all quite stressful but you have done a fantastic job at keeping it all together. Your mom is very lucky to have you. Hope it goes well!!
~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

its mom would you really want it any other way, then you making sure she is gonna be ok on her move.godbless you for being the good son you are ..stand up man also with all the trouble you been threw trying to see you son also

Anonymous said...

sounds like you have been busy, hopefully your brother will come over and watch your mom.

Anonymous said...

Well you are being a real great son
Big hugs, Marina