Thursday, June 1, 2006

Defect ~ Delayed Gratification

One thing with a non steady cash flow is that I go in and out of the this money starvation phases.  So when I get money I'm like what can I blow it on.  I want instant gratification.  So that is what I have dealt with all today. I went out and bought lunch instead of making it to treat myself.  However the money has to last for many things as well as to be able to do things over the weekend.  It's pretty interesting I just found my money organizer the other day.  It's just a coupon holder with my monthly bills for each of the pockets.  However it lets me keep track of what I need and what I can spend.  So I made it through today without buying my book.  Hopefully tomorrow will be easier.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Mike.. you can do it!!!
lyn

Anonymous said...

I think you are doing your best Mike..I think this is wonderful..a guy on a budget and doing that? I'm impress.
Take care, it'll get easier.
Gem

Anonymous said...

Ah, it`s so hard for me not to buy a book I want!!
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

Oh, do I understand the money thing.  It is rough.

Terra

Anonymous said...

I splurged on lunch out today, too!  I rarely do that, I rarely can.   Even a drink with it, lol, and it was still just under $5.   Hope you enjoyed your treat lunch.   You're worked hard in regards to your mother, it's Friday, etc.   I'm glad you got the baseball glove for your son, though:)   Books are SO tempting, I coule be dangerous in a book store if I had money, and still can spend hours browsing w/out money, but, that time you spend with him, well, your priorities seem good:)   My aunt says we all need bread AND roses.   One day at a time.  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

don't spend it all in one place, lol.