Friday, June 30, 2006

Friday

Well I am happy I can access my journal today since I couldn't do so yesterday.  Anyway I am trying to take everything one moment at a time today since so much is going on. 

I'm busy the afternoon in the office then I am working valet from 5 to 2 am tonight with big parties.  Tomorrow I leave in the morning to do my 14 hour round trip to NY to pick up my son.  So I am trying to get many things done this morning to be ready. 

I stopped by to see my Mom and do some exercises with her and tell her I wouldn't see her till Monday.  I was impressed she knew people in the pictures which was good.  I found a new place for her that would work until her money ran out sometime in the next year then we would have to move her into their nursing home unit, but at least it would all be the same place.  So I'll try to get the paperwork down over the next week while Eric is here, but he is my main focus for the week.

Had to track down my divorce papers this morning since the clerks office apologized since they have no clue where they went.  So I can pick them up Monday. 

Doing better today.  I have been bothered the last few days and when I meditated on it.  I realized that I am feeling less than about myself.  It has to do with all my Mom's stuff.  I am unable to meet my expectations of what I would like for her, but since I am playing by her financial rules it is out of my hands.  So reality and expectations clash and I think less of myself even though I am getting many compliments for the work I am doing.  Like usual it is easier to listen to the bad than the good.  So I worked yesterday on building myself back up and feel better today.

I know you gals say this all the time, but it still surprises me when I catch a woman looking at me.  It was funny last night at valet as I was coming out of the parking garage I went pass this woman.  When I turned to check her out I caught her already checking me out.  It was pretty funny.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a good time with your son!!! It is always hard when you are the care giver for an aging parent!!! I am for my mom to and it can be difficult at times!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

I know your doing the best you can with your mom and how hard it must be. I'm so sorry. Now you get to spend the week with your son and just have a great week with him.

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip and a wonderful time with your son!!
penny

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,

I know the feeling my job keeps me pretty busy too but I took the day off of work today which was nice. I hope that you and your son have a nice time together. I'm sure he is just as wonderful as his father is. Its nice to know how your mother is doing I'm sure she is a remarkable person for raising such a nice guy. I'm sure that things will work out for you hang in there.

With such a nice looking guy as yourself women should look at you. Your a great guy and any woman will be lucky to have you in her life. I'm sure you will find someone who will appreciate all that you have to offer not just as a great dad but as a wonderful guy and all around great person. From reading your journal I think your quite charming. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Of coarse she was checking you out, you're a hottie dude!!!!!!

Terra