Sunday, June 11, 2006

In the Valley

Well the majority of the stress is over and I am in the valley now after climbing the high mountain.  It's always a dangerous area for me.  I feel the stress let off and I think everything is fine and dandy.  So hey lets start dating.  The insane thing is everything I reasoned on waiting is still there I just don't see it since I feel so great.  Well feelings aren't facts they are just feelings.  Everything is the same as it was a few days ago.  Actually with everything going on the office was slow this week.  So I have to jump start it this week to get it back up. 

With the stress down I enjoyed the day better with my Mom.  She accompanied me on all the errands I needed to do for her and then we went down to the bay to look at the water for a while.  She was better verbally responsive today, but as the day went on she became more forgetful.  When we got back after having dinner out I found her memory pill in the bed.  When the home health aid gave it to last night it must have fell out of her mouth.  I am so grateful to have all my fatherhood experience since it helps so much in taking care of her.

I take it most guys don't have manners?  I am a pretty chivalrous guy and I have noticed over the last few days my politeness really turns heads.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I went back and read everything I missed while I was gone.  Good grief you have been busy!  I am so glad that the stress has left.  Life can run right over us if we aren't careful, and stress can bring it's own passel of problems if we let it.  I love reading about your experiences with the 'newly single' situation.  I have been through all that and it tickles me to read it from a man's point of view.  Take care of yourself, Pennie

Anonymous said...

Those workers are suppose to be better than that! Geez!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,

Chivalry seems to be a dying trend and I think part of it is guys are afraid to be "gentlemen" for fear of having their heads ripped off by a feminist!!!I personally love to be treated like a lady and that includes having the door opened for me etc  my dad is a true gentleman..maybe that's where I get it from...

Lyn

Anonymous said...

I have actually had to be educated in what chivalry actually IS. At first, I thought it just meant that you had the door opened for you on occasion. Apparently there's a lot more to it than that. It's refreshing to know that the men in my life are the people who are actually well versed in this. Too bad it's my dad, my son, and my brother in law. At first with the "men in my life" thing, I sounded like I was able to pick and choose or something. Seriously. Keep up the chivalry. I don't know if I would classify it as a turn on, but it's definitely something that a woman pays attention to, and uses it as a character gauge, so to speak.  You so still rock and stuff.

T

Anonymous said...

The human race in general seems to be losing the knowledge of good manners.

Tracie

Anonymous said...

Chivalry is dead, they don't even hold doors anymore, just let them hit you in the ass lol.
~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike !!!!!!

I hope all is well with you. You are absolutely right manners are imporant for everyone to have. I think that a guy having manners is very important and of course chivalrous such as yourself. I think you are a very decent guy and you are full of chivalry. You won't be single much longer. I really think that you are very kind, smart, funny, sensitive and you have a huge heart. Your a devoted son and father and you are one great person. Don't ever change ever. Stay just the way you are. Take care Mike and keep us posted of your day to day life.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a good day, It does sound like you are a nice guy.