Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Tuesday Night

Well the new bed is in and it is glorious.  I was kind of thinking that it was an extravagance for me and to stick with the air mattress, but after sleeping on a real bed for the last few nights I knew it was the right move.  Slowly making changes throughout the office making it nicer for business and personal. 

My son didn't call last night on our normal scheduled night nor tonight.  I called and left a message saying I was worried since I didn't hear from him.  So we will see what tomorrow brings.  I was surprised that my letter to my ex worked to a point.  She is still contacting me through the mail system, but at least she is using it for communicating our son's information and welfare instead of through him.

I have a appointment with a new place for my Mom tomorrow so we will see.  The big problem is that at the cost of these places she has about 6 months of money before going to a nursing home.  We had one place say they wanted a 4 year commitment which would be $250,000.  Yeah we all have that burning holes in our back problems.  So still trying to come up with a solution.

I miss not having a bathtub now.  It was nice last night to pick up a candle and some bath oil to sit and relax at the hotel.  A nice treat. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

4 years that's a lot of money. I'm happy you got  your bed and enjoying it.

Anonymous said...

 Hey, Mike .... I'm so glad you 'splurged'  and got a new bed.  Actually, it's a necessity.  A well rested guy is a happy and productive guy !
     I know what you are talking about, as far as finding a place for your Mom that's financially workable.  I'm dealing with the same thing now for my Aunt, and it is very difficult.  So many factors involved, plus you just really do not know what the future will bring, and what your timetable is.  Good luck to you with all this.  Tina