Monday, June 12, 2006

Monday

Ahh back to my old life.  I was going to stay at the hotel for the next 2 days since it is paid for, but it is just too noisy for me. 

Well my Mom is all moved in and she likes her place, but I have to admit is was like dropping my son off for his first day of school.  Actually this was worse since I knew my son could take care of himself and he just ran off into the school without saying goodbye he was so excited.  I finished putting her room together and I will get the rest of her stuff in 2 weeks. 

It just feels so comforting to be back in my routine.  Through all this I have found out that most children don't help their parents.  I got a lot of affirmation for helping her and a lot of people saying they knew people that were on their own.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike... I work in the ER and I see oldsters alone and with no help from their children, all the time.  When I do see a family member with them, I can tell immediately whether that person is their out of love or just because they feel like they HAVE to be.   You can tell too.  In their body language.  They don't have to say a freakin' word.

I pray my children don't leave me unattended and alone.  I fear that more than anythng.  I would rather just die.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Like I said before, your mom is lucky to have you as her son.
Good job!
Gem :-)

http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/JournallyYours

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you helped  your mom and your settling back into you routine.

Anonymous said...

You're a good dude Mike.  I am sure it means a lot to your mom having you around to help.

Terra

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,
I'm glad your life is getting back to normal!  Thats a good thing!  And I'm not so sure about your comment about most people NOT helping their parents.  Are you sure?  Most people I know would do anything & everything for theirs.  I know I would too!  Just a thought.
Love, Linda