Sunday, December 25, 2005

Beach Epiphany

One of the reasons I moved to this area is that I wanted to be close to the beach.  Having grown up on an island I don't like being away from the water.  Since I've been down here I have taken advantage to go down the seashore to relax and meditate.  I find it soothing and usually washes my stress away.  Well today's foray was nice if not a little wet.  I did have an epiphany while doing my Christmas Walk.  People just don't clean up their dog's SH*T!  It is hard to relax if ever 10 steps you need to walk around a little pile.  Usually it wasn't a pile anymore.  The wind had blown the little logs all over the place.  I guess I have a new appreciation for the summer months when the beaches are cleaned every night. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike, you are SO lucky to be near an ocean! I live in Ohio and i have a very strong need for the ocean but only get to one about every 5 yrs. I can honestly say i have never seen dog poop on the beach.
I hope your Christmas was happy.
Hugs, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

    I feel the same way about the ocean.  I live almost an hour away from it, but I get down to the shore every chance I can.  I just feel better when I am near the water.  I can take a walk along the beach and come away feeling relaxed and happier.  Glad to hear that it does the same for you.
     I am with you about the dog droppings ... there is no excuse for people not to clean up after their pet.  It would make it alot easier for the rest of us, and especially for the small kids that play there.   Take care, Tina