Monday, December 26, 2005

My Perfectionism

Well I finally picked up my writing yesterday.  Like most of my creative outlets my perfectionism runs deep.  If it isn't perfect I can get very frustrated very fast and put it down.  Why I must believe I must do everything perfectly is no mystery, but problematic.  It is always about being lovable.  So the war still rages on and it is still work, but I am grateful to know I can get past it.  That I don't need to be able to jump to 60 mph in 2.5 seconds.  That it takes time and practice to master anything.  Don't really like that, but accepting it. 

Anyhow I was grateful that I hadn't deleted all my writing stuff over the summer and was able to pick it up again yesterday and add more to it.  I know I need my creative outlets for without them I can become stressed.  However in the past I have used them to numb myself out.  So now I am looking for a balance like everything else in my life.

No comments: