Thursday, December 8, 2005

Tis the Season

Tis the season to avoid the crowds.  While I am a Christmas boy and this is my favorite holiday of the year I hate the crowds.  Although I shouldn't complain.  The crowds down here are nothing to what they use to be in NY.  However I hate that it is a real pain to get over to the Post Office to check my PO box.  Also that any store run now has and extra 15 minutes added on to it for standing in line. 

My family is very over rated and over the years I have distanced myself from them to my happiness and the chagrin. I never liked the line that you couldn't pick your family. Well I have proven that statement false for myself.  My friends are more my family then my family is and they are who I stay close with.  So this holiday as most I see who is alone and see if anyone wants to get together.  If not I will go down to the beach like last year which was really nice.  Although a friend was telling me last night about where I could help out with the homeless which really appealed to me.  So I will see.  Like any day it is not the day, but what I do with it.  Still need to dig all my decorations for my room out of storage.  Looked at it yesterday, but was not in the mood.  So maybe tomorrow while it storms.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got the tree up for the kids but that is about it, still no stockings or even a tree skirt around the tree yet either.  oh well i'll get to it when I get to it.
Missy

Anonymous said...

I wish I could distance myself from my family
Not the hubby and kids ofcourse just everyone else
LOL Have a beautful day!
~Marina

Anonymous said...

The beach on Christmas? Wow, that sounds beyond heaven to me. I love the ocean....cant get to it except every 5 yrs or so when we go on vacation. No oceans in Ohio.  :((   You are correct about picking your family. My family sucks. I am closer to J Landers than real blood family. Take care!
Hugs, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

  Yes, it is the season to avoid anyplace that's anywhere in the vicinity of a mall ! I'm with you ... I can do without the crowds, thanks very much.
  As for the subject of family:  I think  'family'  are those people whose company you truly enjoy, who you feel comfortable and at ease with, those who consider your needs and desires, and that you feel a sense of give AND take with.   When I moved away from California for 10 years, I met some wonderful people who I will always consider to be 'my family.'  Tina   http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme