Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Labors of Love

Grandma stitches 3 - Click image to download.

I was sewing last night.  The bell fell off my elf hat at work.  I've sewed since I was a little guy and I am pretty proficient in it.  As I sat their stitching I remembered the last few times my son has visited me and I have sewed things for him.  His Teddy Bear, socks, etc.  He usually brings me stuff to fix for him.  It reminded me of my grandmother, Nanny.  She would always tell me to bring my socks to her for mending.  It was a nice thing, but didn't think to much of it.  Looking back it was a labor of love for her.  Now I find myself doing the same thing for my son.  It brought a smile to my face.  Simple things that mean so much.

Man stitches - Click image to download.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is the simple things.
hope you have a good day
Missy

Anonymous said...

Don't they always!
So you sew too? Why would anyone
let you get away? Such a good dad sewing his teddy
that's such a cute visual. Have a great day!!!
Hugs, Marina