Sunday, December 4, 2005

Out of Synch

Over the last few days as I review myself.  I realized that my self perceived self and who I really am is still off.  I wanted to meet new friends as of late and I have been doing that.  Quite successfully.  That old message that I don't fit in and that something is wrong with me is still there somewhere.  Very glad that it is not affecting me.  The funny thing is that as I become more "me" the easier it is.  Also with that I am attracting better people.  People who are silly and witty like me instead of people who I need to kick in the butt to get moving which is a blessing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just be yourself. if you never ever get to be who you think you ought to be is actually going to be fine. dont beat yourself up. i have always felt like i dont fit either and have finally come to where in life i dont care anymore. you waste a lot of valuable time like i did if you dont just say heck with it and allow people to like you for who you are. if you start acting like someone that you think they want you to be you are probably not going to be able to keep it up everyday of your life and are going to get caught. if somebody dont like you for who you are they arent worth it. you should not have to go through that. once you quit caring then the more honest people do come around. o it might not be loads and loads but hey its enough. the ones that take me for who i am is all i really care about anyways today. i know at least they aint going to kick me in the face. debbie

Anonymous said...

    Silly and witty is always better.  People you can't relax and be yourself with not only are not worth the effort, but they aren't even fun !  Be you, and the rest will follow ..... Tina   http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme