Monday, December 26, 2005

Men Reaquaint Yourselves with Your Feelings

Being a father has been the single most important thing that has happened in my life.  Being able to be so actively involved in my son's life when he was young gave me the opportunity to go back and re learn through him a lot about acknowledging and respecting my own feelings. 

I remember talking to a friend who was expecting his first child.  Hey was looking to be like his uncle who had never changed a diaper.  I looked right at him and asked why was he having a child then.  He didn't have an answer.  It was like buying a fancy car that you will never drive, but just look at.  If you don't want to drive don't buy one.  Children are gifts and should always be treated as such. I would never trade all the late night feedings, smelly sh*t all over everything, tantrums, etc.  For the looks, first teachings, hugs, and all the other gifts that parents get from their children.  My son was so much a part of my everyday life.  From the time he was a few months old to today.  We are always in the thick of life.  He has always been a part of any office I worked in. 

I knew that would be the thing I missed the most when my ex and I separated.  The daily interaction with my son that was so much a part of my life.  I feel sorry for anyone who choose not to be part of the experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree.  My life has never been the same since the birth of my two children.  They ARE my life and I can no longer imagine life without them.  They are my treasures.

Happy New Year!~
Susan