Thursday, December 22, 2005

Purpose and Meaning

"In our fast paced lives the temptation is to cut corners, get results, do things quickly, and move on to the next thing.  In this process we become sleep walkers, moving through our lives without life moving through us."

As I sit here today meditating on things.  I miss my co pilot.  My son Eric.  From the time he was born he became my co pilot on all my errands and jobs that I needed to get done.  While I did always make time for us to stop and do things for fun.  My point for him was that their would always things to be done, but they never had to be chores.  They could be great, fun experiences.  From food shopping to laundry all these things needed to be done, but no one said that they couldn't be fun. 

Through all of this I hope he picked up my need for a fee minutes of quiet time each morning to pray and meditate.  Also the need to talk with a friend about how I was feeling.  Instead of keeping it all inside. 

I know he is like me. Rebels against being told to do something, but accepts a personal sharing and gets it better.  The old adage is true.  Children learn more by watching then by being told.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are obviously a wonderful father. I think you should take a second and pat yourself on the back for that.
~ Jenny