Sunday, December 11, 2005

Christmas Feelings

I was separated last year when Christmas came, but I still had all of the family decorations which my ex had left behind.  Since then I have given her all her stuff and our son's.  However this year I pulled out the boxes of stuff and found them strangely empty.  All of the decorations that I have put up for all those years are no longer there.  I still have some, but I feel the empty "ache" of loss. 

Like I talk with a friend who is in a similar situation.  It's time for new traditions and the making of new memories.  So I will start to buy new ornaments and stuff to fill in the gaps.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike. maybe you can go out and buy a few of your own new things and that will take some of the sting away. I understand your feelings thats for sure!
Hugs, lisa

Anonymous said...

Aww I'm sorry but you will have new better ones real soon
Hugs and thank you so much for the e-card it cheered me up!
Love, Marina

Anonymous said...

If possible. get your son involved picking out new ornaments, just you two making new memories.
~ Jenny