Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Call Part 2

Well I forgot to call Gloria back for a while which usually happens with stuff I don't want to deal with.  Anyway I called her back and she knew that my Mom was going to need to move to the nursing home side soon.  She knew Mom was doing very well in the memory unit and offered $500 off her rent.  It was a nice gesture, but $4500 or $5000 per month makes little difference when their is no more money left.  I thanked her for the offer and she said she would still see what she could do.  Not holding my breath on this one.

Like many things in my life I just don't want to deal.  Plain and simple.  I deal with these issues because I want to stay alive, but they are all painful and I like to avoid pain like the plague.  I am grateful I know how to handle things better in life, but I still wish stuff didn't bother me and I didn't have to deal.  I guess it's the price of admission in life. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your right, dealing is the admission of life.
I'm shocked at the price tag on your Mothers care. How does anyone pull that type of monthly expense off? Have you met other families that have parents there, to ask how they do it? I'll be wishing for a good solution for you and your Mother.
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Wow that's a lot of money to care for your mom.  I hope things work out soon.

Terra

Anonymous said...

I know where you are coming from on this one.  As a person who is involved in a similar situation, it's sad and scary and depressing as hell.  Dealing with my aunt's living situation is really getting to me these days.  I try to brace myself, tell myself that I can deal with it.  But then I get in there and see what is going on with her, and when I leave, it takes me forever to shake that feeling.  Hang in there my friend.  Tina

Anonymous said...

..that's a lot of dinero for spending on a housing & care. Gosh, I really need to start saving now for MY future.
Gem~