Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Singledom

"All through the day.  I, me, mine.  I, me, mine.  I, me, mine." ~ The Beatles

My older patients are always seeing if I am dating.  It's pretty funny.  They get disappointed when I am not.  I'm just happy being single.  Sixteen years of dating and marriage with my ex and I enjoy my time alone.  It's "I" instead of "we".  "Mine" instead or "ours".  Hey I can even fart in the bed and who cares.  Life's grand.

Two more days and the holiday parties will be over.  I am so tired and worn out.  Surprisingly so since it was a quieter year than the last two I have been involved with.  Looking forward to having next week off to just relax.  Imagine going home after finishing in the office.  What a concept. 

My friend Ana didn't want to be alone Christmas eve so I will head on over to her place to hang out.  Not quite sure what we are doing yet.  My landlord had decided not to go away for the holiday.  So I'll have to air guitar to music at a lower volume.

 

Hmmm.  According to spellcheck "fart" isn't a word.  LOL. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mike......

If I don't get a chance to talk to you on Christmas let me wish you a Merry Christmas now.

Anyway......I agree with you it is nice being single but then again for me there are certain times that I long for a boyfriend. For example when I see something funny on television I would like to be able to pick up the phone and call the guy that I like and share it with him. It would also be nice to call up the guy that I like after a long day at work and tell him about it. I also would like to call up the guy that I like and say hi can you come over I feel like holding your hand and just sitting with you. I know this sounds silly but those kind of moments I long for a boyfriend to share those times with.

Thanks for listening.....take care.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well, you and Anna can be just friends, too, or?  :)  One day at a time.  I'd suggest a card for her, btw.   Just in case.   Or some small food item.   Actually, I'd suggest bringing both.   It doesn't have to be a date, just two people who will spend Christmas Eve together.   It's okay.  Merry Christmas, Mike:)   -- Robin