Friday, December 15, 2006

WTF!

“I haven’t been fucked like that since grade school.” ~ Marla (Fight Club)

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

Tonight was one of the strangest and hardiest nights I have ever worked (and that’s saying a lot).  We had 3 parties tonight one at 6 and the other two at 7.  Well low and behold the 6 was actually 7.  So at 7 pm sharp 200 people show up wanting the cars valeted.  Since it is only two of us we really had to hustle.  The people were very nice about it and our system worked very well.  Well until the cops came.  Like people cops can be good or morons.  We had a moron tonight.   He complained that the line of cars was blocking the crosswalk and we need to move them.  Hmm people are still in their cars and you could do that.  Anyway we tell everyone to drive around and we’ll get them as the go around the block.  We grab some more cars.  We come back and there is another line of cars down the block.  The cop who has been standing there pulls me over and asked what me, “what part of no line don’t I understand.”  I got rid of the line and moved some cars like he wanted.  I can’t stand there and move cars at the same time.  He told me to find a way.  Thanks for the help.  So we ask one of the security guards to tell people not to block the crosswalk and we’ll be right there.  50 cars later my legs are killing me every time I go down the stairs and I lacerated my leg on a car door.  Anyway finally all the cars are parked and the police are gone.  So carrying the stuff back to the building I SLAM my thigh into the railing.  Glad it was 3 inches to the right or I would have been out for the night.

 

Again two parties will end at 10, one at 11.  10 o’clock everyone comes down.  As we are getting cars like always, I’m in agony with my legs.  The Baptist church people are complaining and want their cars right that minute and don’t seem to care about all the other people.  As we get their cars, they don’t even tip.  Burn in hell you cheap bastards!  Our manager comes down to give us a hand sort of.  He’s giving people’s keys out.  I grabbed some money that the church people owed us, but a few got away.  The church people start wandering all over looking for their cars.  Good riddance.  Most people did give us something.  However I am always surprised at parties where the valet is covered for them, they’re getting free food, and they still don’t tip.

 

It was a hectic night to say the least.  It even started earlier when I stopped to visit my Mom before work.  It was the second time she was just inconsolable.  She wanted to go home, but didn’t know what that was.  She just kept screaming it over and over.  In her mind I imagine what ever image she has in her mind is just not matching what she is seeing.  Since I couldn’t reason with her or console her.  I figured I would tire her out.  So I took her walking and by the time she sat down for dinner she was exhausted and pretty quiet.  Hopefully she will be better tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry you had such a bad nite; most cops I have ever met have been nice but some can be kind of condescending and rude. I am also sorry about your Mom; this must all be so hard on both of you. I hope today is a better day.
Maria