Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Ghost of Years Past

"The popcorn you are eating has been pissed in.  Film at eleven." ~ Kentucky Fried Movie

An thus starts a very wacky and enjoyable movie.  I was hanging out last week and I looked over onto a bookshelf and spotted a book Recovery: A Guide for Children of Alcoholics.  Having been in recovery for years now I picked it up to see if was worth the paper it was printed on.  A page read later and I am tense as anything.  Needless to say I picked it up.  It's always amazing how such little things can open doors that have been closed for years.

"I felt like my head was going to explode." ~ Tony Soprano

This is one of my favorite lines from the show, because it is so true.  Five pages read and this is how I feel.  A phone call to a friend and a breath of air are needed to calm me down.  So I start another journey down memory lane with a different twist this time.  As always I enjoy this stuff no matter how painful it can feel. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It probably wouldn't hurt me to revist that myself.  The book I mean.  I'll skip the movie.   The first line you quote has me feeling nauseous enough.  -- Robin