Saturday, December 30, 2006

End of the Year Stuff

"I'm a Mog.  Half man, half dog.  I'm my own best friend." ~ Mog (Spaceballs)

Can't say I'm here yet.  LOL.  Grateful to being enjoying my day today even though nothing has changed financially from a few days ago.  Just attitudes.  However I still catch myself especially when I am half awake trying to zing myself in to an anxious state over this crap.  Hard letting go of attitudes of a lifetime.

It was funny yesterday at work.  It was like an end of year sale.  A bunch of patients I haven't seen in a while called wanting to come in.  I wonder if it's end of year guilt.  I should have done more.  :)

I think I will go see a show tonight after dinner.  It's only $10 and it's a later show called the Reindeer Monologues.  Not for the kiddies I heard so I think it will be fun to see.  I haven't seen a show in years and this is in my price range.

Man I have this gift card to Borders and I'm having the hardest time using it.  Being an avid reader I know when my books come out and they are so far behind in getting this stuff.  I then figured what the hell I'll get a CD just to use it up.  They didn't have what I wanted and DVD's were WAY over priced.  Argh!  Have money and can't use it.  What a concept.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you signed up for Border's rewards card?   Go buy yourself a latte or something, with the card, and it'll spit out a coupon.   Last night, I got one for 30% off any regularly-priced item.  Then again, I was happy just to get Olive, the Other Reindeer for 1/2 off.  -- Robin  (p.s. -- sometimes people have the time off and feel like crap, and may also need to use up their medical expense accounts this year, or want more medical expenses this year for tax purposes, too; just enjoy it!)

Anonymous said...

Well...darn it Mike.. get rid of those attitudes and cheer up!  2007 has got to be better, right!  Besides, a few of us have deemed 2007 to be the Year of the Jlander!  We are all going to have a better year, because God knows the last one was pretty hard on the majority of us!

Happy New Year, Mike

Jackie

Anonymous said...

the reward card is a good idea...my daughter got a $40 book for $28 yesterday.

Tracie