Saturday, December 23, 2006

My Saturday Night

Here's a picture of how I spent my Saturday night at valet.  This big fella walked up to the bank building and looked in.  He then wandered around the building and came to rest out front.  It's the business section of the city.  There is no residential for a distance.  So I called animal control to come pick him up.  He's big about 80 lbs.  The lady on the phone was like is he friendly.  I was like I don't know hang on.  I walked up to him and he was extremely friendly.  So they said at some point they would come pick him up.  I figured he was abused because at one point my hand was raised to pet him and he thought I was going to strike him and he cringed down.  Poor guy.  So I got him some water and a old rug from inside the building for him to lay on.  I garbage surfed for left over prime rib for him and grabbed a old brush to brush him down.  As you can tell we became fast friends.  He was very funny in that it took him a while to feel comfortable to lie down around us.  So he kept falling asleep standing up.  It was hilarious.  Anyway animal control never came and when I called they didn't know who I was.  I called every place to drop him off, but no one would take him at that hour.  My city said they would come pick him up.  So that became the plan.  Everyone loved him and everyone wanted to take him home, but couldn't.  So at the end of the night he hoped into my back seat and I took him home with me.  I left him in the car while I called animal control to pick him up.  When I was finished I went to walk him.  He was house trained since he waited to get out to pee.  Without a collar or lease I had to keep calling him back.  However he smelled something in the woods across the street because he just took off.  I went out a few time since then to find him, but to no avail.  Hopefully in the morning I will find him.  If not I hope he is well and finds a good home.  Good luck big guy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww..you really did a great deed tonight.
You were the dog's angel.
I hope as well he found his way back home.
If the dog is meant for you, he might come back...for good.

Merry Christmas,
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

An animal knows when a human has a warm heart.

Anonymous said...

Aww... darnit Mike.. that story got me all choked up.  I have a soft spot for animals.. especially stray dogs that appear to have been abused.  What a kind heart you have..   I hope that he is home or somewhere safe...

Merry Christmas, Mike

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

Ah, now I understand your later comment about not seeing a dog around.  I sure hope he has a Merry Christmas himself.   -- Robin