Thursday, December 14, 2006

Year in Review

"I had what the alcoholics call, a moment of clarity." ~ Mr. Pit (Pulp Fiction)

Well as I sit here and look at my office I am happy at the work I did this year with it.  It's easy to forget that I started this year in a one room office and here I am in three.  It's tastefully decorated and I battle from time to time on whether to put any money into making it look snazzier, but that's not me.  Also the office is about getting better not my furniture.  LOL if my patients ever sat in my waiting room.  I hate having them wait. 

I got Christmas cards from my patients this year which was really nice.  So they are hanging on the wall now.  Mostly from active patients, but one from an inactive person.  Makes me feel a step closer to the practice I want to have. 

The biggest problem I still have is PVA, which is patient visits average.  Mine is usually 10-12 before I put them on maintenance.  I know any marketing place would have a fit as well as any of my old bosses. What you are suppose to have is 24-36.  It's a big difference in income (2x-3x).  However I hate cookie cutting my patients.  If you are really bad you'll come for a while if not I would still like to get you to a point of you being able to maintain yourself.  So in these days of struggling for money I still wonder.  However I know it is always me that keeps me where I am.

No comments: