Monday, December 4, 2006

Tips

I've gotten a lot of questions on tips for valet.  It's not the 50's so the $1 is out the window.  Bottom line tip would be $3, but a good tip is $5 and we're happy with that.  But honestly just watch what the valet does and see what you would want for getting your car.  How fast did he get it, did he have to go far, is it pouring rain, was he friendly?  All play into it.

I also already got a few messages on ankle socks.  I was surprised since we just had an article in the paper the other day about men and their leg fros.  I had to agree with the article it's just not a good sight.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are alot of "styles" that aren't a good site, with that I will agree.  Ankle socks are very low on that pole, to me.  Girls wearing thongs that you can see when they bend over... that's gross.  Men who wear their pants down below the crack of their ass......now THAT is disgusting!  Just to name a couple! ;)

Jackie

http://journals.aol.com/siennastarr/Hopefloats/

Anonymous said...

Leg fros?  LOL.
Actually, I get the lower-cut socks for my father as any that go up his calf are too tight for his circulation at this point in his elderly life.  
For valet, do people also pay for the valet PLUS tips, or not?   Just curious.  Obviously this isn't something I've done more than, hmm, once or twice in DC.   I usually either let the guy drive if it's an evening outing, use a parking garage, or take metro, so, seriously, I don't know this.   I'd typically base tips on the charged cost, but if there's no charge other than the tip, then gosh yes, I can't imagine a measly $1., and can understand the $5.  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

Maybe if all you had on was ankle socks then I might like that look lol
donna In TEXAS

Anonymous said...

and what if he takes the car for a joy ride ? do you charge him for the gas? ;)  

Anonymous said...

Its true. I waited tablew for many years and often, I will just be tacky and let the waitress know prior, that I am good tipper. I tell them that to put them at ease. We deal with cheap people everyday and if they know that, they are happy. -Raven

Anonymous said...

Ah I love my honey's ankles lol
BTW  ihe always tip according to the service I don't mind tipping well if they don't change my radio stations, smoke in the car or bang the doors. Little things to ask of a NYC Valet don'tcha think?
Hugs, Marina