Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Dinner

"Please sir, one thin mint." ~ The waiter (Meaning of Life)

Well everyone was out of the house last night except for my landlord.  So we ended up going to the same place as last year.  We even got the same booth.  It's a Chinese buffet place.  I never stuff myself except last year I had to go back for one more helping of Hot & Sour soup.  I thought I was going to puke I was so full.  So armed with that memory this year.  I caught myself before that point, but literally just before.  I came home and just plopped onto my bed.  It was still completely bare and the new stuff was just sitting there, but the though of activity was JUST too much. After a while I was able to turn my computer on and play some games until I was able to move again.

It was good to get back in the swing of things with yoga again this morning.  Although I could have used one more day off of doing nothing.  Can't say I am really doing anything today except some paperwork and errands.  Two days off back to back was something I haven't had in a LONG time.  So it was good, but my body is so relaxed it's taking a while to get back going.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you are used to it.. but, I feel bad that you had to have your Christmas dinner in a Chinese Restaurant.. :(    I love Chinese food, but still...

Best wishes to you, Mike...   and Merry Day after Christmas to you!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, much better than having to prepare a whole meal oneself:)   Hmmm, I rather like the idea of Chinese food for Christmas dinner.   I got Roy Rogers for M, my father, and me, lol.   Hey, I was between MY volunteer shifts!   We're blessed to be able to eat, and I'm glad you and your landlord had each other, for whatever that's worth.   Relaxing is a good thing sometimes.  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

happy that you had a few days off and are relaxed.

Anonymous said...

Oh those stuffed days,lol..I had one too....I cant blame it on memory relapse. I always say "never again" LOL...like, everytime...lol...I gotta get into yoga. Its so good for you...Do you have any favorite yoga tapes...? ~Raven

Anonymous said...

I think we are having Chinese for New Years Eve; I LOVE chinese food!!! Glad you were able to get a few days off for yourself for some r & r.
Maria