Friday, April 13, 2007

Guilty

I was sitting here doing laundry and thinking about L.  Wondering what will have to happen to feel safe that she is happy in the relationship.  That it's not going to end.  Then I caught myself looking to get something from someone else what I need to find in myself.  The fear I feel is my own and I'm the one who has to deal with it.  Reality check is that it a small amount of my day with the thoughts and that it really sparked with the concert question the other day.  L seems very happy and has given me many nice compliments.  With that is if she can go out with the convicted killer I should be okay.  LOL.  Being with her I have learned lose a lot of this fear of loss.  I know there is nothing I can do on her end.  On my end is the constant replay of all the reason I think she does like me and is happy.  It's a new area to learn and grow and as always I HATE growing pains.  I want painless, easy, serene.  These are the descriptions I want.  Atlas I know that is not to be and as my friend has said many a time.  The greatest amount of joy I have gotten is from the greatest amount of pain.  Not that he is a masochist, but growing and maturing especially when is should have been done decades earlier is emotionally painful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your journal name attracted me.  I think it is a good one.  It makes sense and is funny, too.  You sound like you are going through quite an adjustment. I hope you get on all right.  Gerry  http://jourals.aol.com/gehi6/daughters-of-the-shadow-men/

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike !!!!!!!!! I'm sure L likes you any woman would you are quite funny, charming, smart and your a really nice person and you have often made me smile when I read your journal. No woman could get passed your charm. I think your a pretty great guy. I hope you enjoy your concert and your seats. Remember one thing : Just enjoy yourself and have a good time. The rest will fall into place". Have a good one Mike !!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

good luck to  you and L. I hope things work out.

Anonymous said...

It's those who won't grow, won't accept that we should continue to grow and learn, that'll have problems in life:)