Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Phone Calls Part 2

Talking to Eric today who is still home from school since mom is sick and grandpa sleeps late.  (insert the sound of me shaking my head)  Hell in second grade I was responsible for getting to the school bus to get to school. The other problem is that Eric hasn't bathed in 5 days.  His excuse is that he is not use to his grandpa helping him and mom is too sick.  Funny he does it by himself when I'm with him.  I suggested that he watch his face and arms in the sink.  He said he didn't want to.  Oh well.  This is always my worry of not making Eric self sufficient like my ex isn't.  (insert more sounds of me shaking my head).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is NOT good.   I'm not sure what to suggest, I'm sure you've brainstomred a few things, letters to her (tho she could deny all of this but it'd help you document your concerns), asking the school, asking for names of neighbors who could take him to school (I am assuming it's too far to walk and there is no bus).   Granted, younger kids especially those with dry skin shouldn't bathe daily, but still, 5 days.  Has he changed clothing?   At least you got to talk with him, and he himself is not sick.  Mom with stomach virus or depression?

Anonymous said...

Though not taking a bath & smelling isn't funny...you sure put it into words that made me laugh. Hope all is well and you & L are doing good & still having fun.
D~