Sunday, April 1, 2007

Staurday Night is Date Night

Well L gave me a call earlier in the evening to get together.  I was just hanging out so we got together before our scheduled time.  I love it when she says tell me about yourself.  It's great that she really wants to know and that their is no pressure.  It would be easier if she had a topic, but I just wander around my brain and find something.  We did that both talking about ourselves to till I was starving.  I had choose a Japanese steak house.  It was crowded and we got stuck with a red neck family with kids.  L was a little apprehensive since she teaches kids all week long she usually likes to avoid them on the weekend.  However she was okay and the kids were great.  The grown ups were another matter.  Too many drinks and they were arguing with each other, not talking to each other, and walking out.  It added to the show.  L had never seen a hibachi show she really enjoyed it.  I always love the egg tossing, the shrimp toss if fun, and I had never seen the volcano before which was really cool.  The food was awesome.  Afterwards we went to HK a place by L's for coffee and tea.  We got to hear a local band while we were there.  One thing that happens when I am with L is that I completely relax.  I joke that its a vacation from life to be with her.  It worked against me in HK.  Since it made me tired and with all the music and people going on.  I started to phase out (not be there emotionally) which is something I haven't done in years and I started getting paranoid that L wanted to be with someone else.  It was amazing how fast bad habits come flying back in my face when I don't do anything about it.  It didn't take me long to realize what was happening and to get myself back on the right track. 

L let me sleep in this morning and when she woke me I wasn't quite sure if she had walked the dog or not.  She said no.  I had no idea what time it was and I wasn't quite sure if I was going with her or she was doing her normal walk with her friend.  She was still doing it with her friend which was no problem with me.  Although I was a little confused the whole weekend when we spend the whole weekend last week together and not this one. It wasn't talked about either time, but L had already planned it in her head.  I'll haveto get an itinerary before the weekend starts next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love to go to those places to eat. Always a fun time.