Monday, April 30, 2007

Weekend Trip

This was the first time I left really early in the morning for the trip. It worked out well even with the rain.  I got to shop, grab a nap and shower before I picked up Eric feeling pretty refreshed which is new.  What happened to my little boy?  He grew about an inch since I saw him in February and his mannerisms are changing also.  We had a great time with wrestling around the house, going to the museums and McDonalds play place.  As you can see by the pictures we got the soda volcanoes going and Eric was very happy with them.  Afterwards we hung out on the beach and the jetties.

Sunday as always was a somber day.  We both can feel the hours ticking away.  I found myself in a old role of wanting to keep moving with our activities.  My time with L has taught me a lot and I slowed myself down.  I know when I am in that mode I'm in discomfort and want to get out of it.  So the realization that I still bury some of my feelings with being separated from Eric.  So I worked on experiencing them this weekend which isn't fun, but healthier.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great looking son you have there!

Tracie

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you are growing emotionally, Mike!  Being with L is teaching you many good things! :)

Loved the pictures!  Handsome little guy you have there!

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

Wow, I swear he even LOOKS a mite taller somehow!  Sometimes, they do grow very fast! :)   Exploding objects, lol, yep, even a pleaser for middle-schoolers, or, many of them, anyway.   healthier is good, and will teach Eric even.  -- Robin