Thursday, March 23, 2006

4 Guys & a Girl

Having done valet in a building that has 23 floors for a year and half I know many people.  Many funny stories are exchanged each night.  Tonight's was very funny and surprising (not really I guess).

So it is my partner and me, a security guard, and the UPS guy.  We are talking to one of the bank tellers as she tells us this guy she gave her phone number to 3 months ago is still calling her.  She doesn't understand why he still calls when she doesn't return his phone calls.  She wonders why he doesn't take a hint. 

LMAO.  I told her we are guys.  We don't get hints (at this point the guys are crying with laughter). Obviously this guy is obsessed.  The guy consensus was just tell him the next time he calls that you don't want to go out with him and to stop calling.  LOL.  She looked at us like we had lobster claws coming out of our ears. 

I know from my experiences over the years that many women are VERY reluctant to say they don't want to go out with you.  Just so you know I am a 2 phone call guy.  After that adios.  Tell you I've taken my share of rejection over the years, but rarely is it direct.  I'm okay with rejection.  It's that not knowing that is maddening.  Do women think that they are so powerful that a rejection will destroy a guy or is it being too chicken to be direct and honest?  A guy's question.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

no; I think women are just too nice; they are hoping they don't have to reject a guy and that the guy will get to understand for himself she is not interested

betty

Anonymous said...

I hate to say harsh things directly so maybe that`s how she is too.
I would never keep calling someone who didn`t seem interested. You`d think the dude would move on by now but she should just tell him.
Penny

Anonymous said...

She sounds like she is being stalked and should report it to the police. --angel

Anonymous said...

I don't like hurting people's feelings but I think after 3 months I would finally say Im not interested.

Anonymous said...

I haven't dated in forever.....my boyfriend won't let me...haha....but...I could never tell a guy I wasn't interested because I didn't want to hurt his feelings. Looking back though...it was kind of chicken shit of me to just expect him to figure it out.

Tracie

Anonymous said...

Now this can go two ways. Why do guys say at the end of a date "I'll call you," and never do. Why bother making that statement in the first place when you have no intention of calling?

I doubt a woman is thinking of how powerful she is and how can she destroy a guy. It might be a power trip to her that someone is paying attention, someone wants her. All thoughts are about self.

Being direct and honest, I myself, am....direct and honest. At times it gets me in hot water with another, but I am not going to lie to my true self. I've found that people just do not listen. And others are not direct and honest, they beat around the bush.

And folks, thats my two cents.
Nancie-CO

Anonymous said...

Actually I have found the opposite or I guess the answer is YES...the guys I know are chicken & they don't want to hear it or they avoid it. They can't take it. That is why they would rather break up with you to save face...one up!

Anonymous said...

This girl seemingly just loves the attention lol 3 months?  don't think her elevator goes to the top floor  lol and the guy calling,  well what does that say about his social life? lol maybe they should meet on the elevator and keep riding it. lol