Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Help

I took care of myself growing up and I never learned to ask for help since there was no one around to give it.  Over the last several years I have learned to ask for what I need.  I have been very grateful to have people around me now that have stepped up to the plate to help me.  The last bastion of not asking for help is my business.  I know everyone tells me this, I read this, every marketing person pushes it.  Ask your patients for referrals.  I have never really done it since I feel like I am coming from such a place of less than.  So today I finally pushed through the envelope an asked.  I announced to everyone that I was moving the practice across the hall to a bigger office.  I told them my dream of how I wanted to see so many patients and then I asked for their help if they knew anyone to that needed my services.  We will see what happens.  Feeling uncomfortable, but I know it is from doing something for the first time.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything is easier once you get past the first time. Good job on taking care of you and doing what you need to.. to move ahead.
~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

don't feel bad about doing that. Just think the more people that know the  more patients you can treat.

Anonymous said...

Thats called networking...and you did good!  Ü

Anonymous said...

That's good!  I agree with the other person, you have to look at it like this:  you are helping people to feel better, and that is a good thing!  Keep plugging away and I hope that you get tons of patients!

Leslie

Anonymous said...

Word of mouth is exceptional! Just go to Gold's Gym or a local gym near you and offer a free session to the Manager plus a discount to the members there. Everyone who works out absolutely needs a chiropractor. Hope this helps.--angel

Anonymous said...

When I was running my hair salon, I hated the whole money exchange. I hated to charge people!! I know that is stupid since making money is the objective of working, but I was just uncomfortable with it. So uncomfortable, that is one of the main reasons I gave it up. I am much better suited in a job where the only money exchange is from my employer to me. LOL...

Hope business starts booming for you!

***Monica

Anonymous said...

Good for you!

Tracie

Anonymous said...

word of mouth does wonders to grow businesses. I think its good that you did that. Good for you!

betty

Anonymous said...

I believe that word of mouth is one of the best ways to get more clients. Maybe you can offer some kind of discount for every client that refers another. H&R block does that and it seems to work.
*Louise*

Anonymous said...

    Good for you, Mike.  And I hope you get great results.  I can understand that feeling.  I've been like that all my life.  I have no trouble giving help, I just have a heck of a time receiving it.  Or, feeling as though I can ask for it.  I'm glad you took that step.  Tina

Anonymous said...

You're like me, Mike.. It's hard to ask for help, no matte what.  Good thing you did, because, you watch... good things will happen now.  You will get more patients, and it will make that move worth your while!

Good luck!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Yep doing something for the first time can make you feel uncomfortable!!! It has me in going from the calm life of a secretary to the hectic life of a police dispatcher!!!! Two entirely different worlds!!! Sounds like you made the right decision though!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)