Monday, March 27, 2006

Phone Calls

I know it is the day and my attitude is not that great, but why do my colleagues keep calling me to go into practice with them?  The answer is NO!  Tired of working with others.  Tired of the BS.  I know I should take these as compliments, but I just don't want to be bothered.

Well a woman gave me her phone number the other day to call her.  This was after I asked her out and she was busy.  So I haven't called her yet.  I did email her telling her I had a family emergency going on and I would call her tonight.  However I am nervous about it.  I always am on the phone. I feel much better in person.  I guess I feel I have more to offer in person.  That on the phone it is just my voice and I guess after enough years of jibes from my ex about my talking I am insecure about it.  I know if I think about it I have talked to many people on the phone for the first time and it has gone okay.  So just trying to let go of the hang up.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

you'll be fine, just call her up keep it short and say let's meet here at this time. Say bye.

Anonymous said...

Okay, Mike... what are people supposed to do when they 'talk' on the phone??  TALK.. right?  Why would your X make fun of you for 'talking' on the phone.  I hate talking to someone who doesn't talk!

You are probably one of the cutest (well, I know you're cute, cause I've seen your pic), sweetest, smartest, nicest guys around.  Stop being so hard on yourself!!

Huggs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Try not to stress over it too much...keep it casual...make a date with her...you will be fine!

Tracie

Anonymous said...

Oh just call her!!!!!!  Everything will be fine, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh just call her!!!!!!  Everything will be fine, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Relax just put some sexy music on before you call and have a glass of wine and then let the conversation flooow!! lol Hey,really forget the music and wine,after all she's getting to talk with YOU!!!! Your da man!! You ooze confidence!!Now Rocky get there  and use that south paw!!

Anonymous said...

hey Mike...I agree with everyone else: JUST CALL HER!!!!
and let whatever happens happen.  don't OVERTHINK it...just do it!
good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maria

Anonymous said...

Well.....as far as this goes......getting your perspective is a good thing....we've established that you're a very smart guy, very intuitive, and work hard on yourself. I'd like to think that some men(God, I hope at least SOME men.....)think the way that you do, I just do not know it, because the ones I like don't keep a journal. Wait. I like you......I don't mean I don't like you.....oh, screw it, you know what I mean. AAAANYWAY. As we had discussed, I'm back in the dating saddle. There is a guy that I'm quite interested in knowing, who seems great. He asked me out on a date, then proceeded not to call for 3 days. I had basically written him off as some weirdo who just wanted to hear a "yes" answer.....when he finally called. Old behaviors and old mindsets cropped up for that 3 days...where I decided that he hadn't been interested. Turns out I was wrong, because we've firmed up plans for a big date next week. Call the woman? Please? Just....just friggin call her. We like calls. Some of us are weird and live in the double standard old fashioned "rule" that the guy makes the first move, or else he's not interested. Help us homegirls out here, please, thanks.........