Sunday, March 26, 2006

Sunday

"Today, help me start practicing self-care with family members.  Help me know that I do not have to allow their issues to control my life, my day, or my feelings.  Help me know it’s okay to have all my feelings about family members, without guilt or shame." ~ Beattie

 

This is one of my daily affirmations and is a big one today.  My Uncle is demanding that I come down to see my Mom.  My brother is already there and I don't see the reason to have anymore cooks in the kitchen.  Especially since I don't have the ability to go down at present.  I done a lot for my Mom over my life and I am comfortable where I stand.  I learned that with my grandmother.   I brought her flowers when she was alive not when she was dead.  So after she passed I was comfortable with myself.  Since I know any anxiety that I feel is my own and no one else's.  So we will see what happens.  I'm not 100%, but I am not curled up in the corner mewing in angst either.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right Mike.
Love what you did for your Grandma too.
Delaine
http://journals.aol.com/blueblueandblew/BluesLifeOrNot

Anonymous said...

I am in agreement with you, Mike.. that you love someone while they are here, and not after they are gone.  Does no good then.

I would like to take this time to thank you for your kind support during this stressful time in my life.  Your comments in my journal mean the world to me.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you, you know where your stand and your ok. Do it while someones alive not dead.  You have nothing to feel bad about at all.

Anonymous said...

Families are like that,mine included with the passing of my Aunt Mary last month and who had what to say at the wake and funeral of who did what and when. I think its thier own guilt or whatever that makes them act this way. You,me, we know how we feel and can live with what we did and don't feel the need to share whatever with whomever. Good for you.