Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tuesday Night

I can't remember the exact words, but I once read that men change the world by the strength of their arms while woman do it with their cunning.  This has been playing in my head for the last few days.  Also my bad habit of being attracted to sly manipulative women.  Enter my Mom.  She called me tonight to see how things were going and we talked for about 15 minutes.  She was very lucid and memory was good except for the days she was in the hospital, but that is normal for most people.  I could see that she is playing this up in the hopes of moving back north since she is extremely unhappy in FL.  I agree that she needs help in things like house cleaning and driving, but everything else she seems okay to me.  I know my Mom I know what she is capable of.  I learned from the best.  I know how to be a coyote and chew my arm right off if need be.  I could see under the veil when she got angry that my brother and SIL where angry that my Mom had bought me my car on her own since my old one was dying and I couldn't afford another.  We know that my SIL family is very well off and have given them BMWs and such.  Now I remember why I like the buffer zone with my family and seeing them infrequently or not at all is so appealing to me.  I will see how this plays out.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((Mike)))  So sorry it has to be that way for you...don't become too jaded. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

Thats the way its always been with women and I don't see it changing any time soon.  sorry  lol I If we can't beat them one way, we'll get em another. lol

Anonymous said...

sometimes parents have to help out a child if they need it. I must say my family is so generous and no one ever gets mad if someone get's something and the other does not.

Anonymous said...

If all your Mom wants to do is get out of Florida, NJ will do just fine. Keep the "Buffer" and see your Mom & son at the same time. Too many cooks spoil the pot and all that, ya know. --angel

Anonymous said...

glad you had a chance to talk with your mom and assess the situation with her. I do hope she can find a place where she's happy and get the help she needs with shopping, cleaning etc

betty

Anonymous said...

I decided a long time ago that families are better enjoyed from a far....far....distance    :  )

Tracoe

Anonymous said...

I love my family dearly, but all those years when I lived in NY..... well, it was just EASY being away. We`re all together in Ohio now and it is nice, but my mother can be a real handful!
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

I see you suffer from the same bad habit my BIL does... And yes, I do mean suffer... A manipulative woman can make a sane man crazy. LOL...

Your mom would probably be better off in NJ with your brother. I bet you wouldn't get a minute of peace with your family unless they (your brother) has it the way he wants it.

Hope it all works out for ya.

***Monica