Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Beach

It is finally nice on the weekend.  Woohoo!  So off to the beach I went after the gym.  Ah was it nice.  Still off season so parking is free.  There was a nice crowd down there.  Many people were in bathing suits, but I didn't see anyone go in the water. It was nice to relax and just soak it all in.  The sights, sounds, and the smells.  Ready for a nap now.  LOL.  It was funny I was talking to someone yesterday who asked why did I move down here.  One of my reasons was that I wanted to be close to the water.  He had laughed saying I grew up on an island and I wanted to move to be closer to the water.  He had misunderstood  what I had said, but it was funny none the less.  However I know I could never be landlocked and far away from the water.  It always puts life in perspective for me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean by wanting to be close to water. Having lived most of my life in the San Diego area close to beaches, I always knew which way west was (the water). Now in Montana; I have to think twice for directions. I miss the waves, the sunsets, the smells. One day maybe...........

glad you enjoyed the time there

betty

Anonymous said...

I envy you...I have to drive 2 hours through New Jersey to get to the ocean...wish I copuld visit it more often!

Anonymous said...

Ah Mike,
I'm so jealous!  I wish I could go to a beach!  I love it so much, and I love so far away from everything.  You are one lucky fella, ya know that?  I'm glad you had such a wonderful day, and I'm sure you will have plenty more!
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

you already went to the beach?? no way! Well..the weather here today has been inspiring as well..up to 70's! I just wanted to be outside all day LOL!
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine being able to visit the ocean any time you want! How lucky you are! I live in Kansas... No beach for MILES!
Shadie

Anonymous said...

People think I'm nuts, but the only time I am ever really happy is when I am near the ocean. Someday..
Enjoy it for the rest of us : )
~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

sounds nice, I love the water.

Anonymous said...

    You and me both, Mike.  When lived in areas that weren't near the ocean, I missed it so much.  I'm glad to be back here, where I can go to the beach when the mood strikes me.  There's just something so comforting and uplifting about being near the water.  Nice to know you enjoy it as much as I do.  Tina