Monday, March 27, 2006

Monday

Well I got another call from my SIL today.  The safety net that I thought my Mom had set up for just such a situation isn't there.  She has also been spending a lot on her place.  So I'm trying to find out how much she has left.  My SIL says not much, but I can't trust what anyone says.  What keeps frustrating me with my SIL is this WE need to make some decisions.  However I feel like it's the end of dinner out and I'm getting slipped the bill. 

The other big problem is my Mom.  She is mentally deteriorating, but she is also playing it up.  We can't tell where she is.  If she is really bad we can't put her in assisted living.  So it's just frustrating. 

Thanks to everyone for the great comments and prayers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike.... it sure isn`t easy watching our parents get old.
Good luck with your writing.
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for your mom

Anonymous said...

seems like your mom needs to have a neuropsychiatric evaluation by a doctor to determine her level of dementia (if any) and what she is capable or not capable of doing. Based on that, then I think someone will need to step in and become her Power of Attorney (unless someone is already) to help manage her money and medical decisions.

betty

Anonymous said...

Such a horrible place for you to be in. hang in there and just do the best you can as that is all anyone can do. Feel good knowing that you care and you are there. I think eventually things will fall into their proper places.