Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tuesday

Okay I don't feel like dealing with all this stuff.  In actuality it is my brother and family.  I stopped interacting with him about 8 years ago and have been happy ever since.  No regrets.  Now I am back in it with my family.  Well actually my SIL since my bro doesn't want to talk to me.  I was pissed yesterday when he put himself on our Mom's bank account this far in the game.  However as my friend pointed out if he wants to do the work let him, which was words of wisdom. 

I thought more on last night of where we should move our Mom to.  Originally I was thinking VA since it would be cheaper, but it was my usual thinking.  My hand hurts cut the arm off.  Thinking with out realizing all the consequences.  I think my Mom would be better in NJ with my brother.  Her friends are closer and could travel to see her.  I could add a extra day to my trips to see my son to see her also.  If she is down here there is only me and I don't think that would be good for her mental health. 

Grateful to be working this all right.  It was nice to go over my gratitude list for the day before bed last night and have it so out weigh the crap going on.  So glad to do that because just feeling wise if feels completely the other way. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things have a way of working out on their own sometimes. Keep the faith and do what you can when you can. Most of all be true to yourself in the process.

Anonymous said...

that wasa beautiful sunrise picture you had in the journal for this entry. I think it is good to have your mom with your brother, especially if you are working a lot and still trying to get used to a new area yoursef

betty

Anonymous said...

I think it sounds like a good choice where to put your mother. You can still see her and your brother is there. Love that picture.

Anonymous said...

It's always hard to figure out what is right and what isn't when it comes to caring for a parent. You aren't used to this role, you are used to the parent caring for you. I know it must be hard. Hope everything works out.

***Monica

Anonymous said...

My mother passed away when I was just 25 years old, so I don't know what it would be like to have to take care of her in her so called golden years.  I think I would have liked to have been able to, versus the alternative.  But, then.. who knows?

Hope if all works out for you Mike..

Jackie