Saturday, March 11, 2006

How Did This Happen

I started this whole mid life crisis thing as a lark, but last night I realized I am going to be 40 this year.  Wow how did that happen?  Not that I am dreading it.  Nor am I bawling like Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally.  So I ponder what the milestone will be this time around to mark the occasion?  When I was ending my teens it was voting, drinking, and I don't remember.  I didn't drink so that didn't leave much.  When I was ending my twenties it was like crap, all the girls in Playboy are younger than me.  So what marks this new age in my life?  I am no longer married.  Starting a new business.  New city.  It's weird I didn't ever have a visualization of my future, but I guess I thought I would be settling more into my life than starting one.  Kind of feeling like a jockey whoe horse feel asleep at the gate.  Now half the race is over and I'm just getting out of the gate.  The lazy part of me says, "crap!"  However the rest of me likes a challenge and working on something.  Hate to just sit around.  So I guess I am where I am suppose to be then.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm 48; when I hit 40, the aches started coming in full force. sorry, but its something to look forward to.

betty

Anonymous said...

40 (as well as 41, 42 AND 43) has beena time of reflection and contemplation...I think women take it harder than men.  At least with the people I know.  I think you are right; you are where you are supposed to be.   I don't think there is a standard we must meet at 40...or at least I hope not!  Because i am pretty sure I didn't get there!  Have fun...Jae

Anonymous said...

"So I guess I am where I am suppose to be then..."

hmnn...interesting!
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

When you least expect it, great things happen.

lisa

Anonymous said...

You are definitely where you are supposed to be..   Just keep your options open and good things will happen! :)

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Just keep chugging along hon', my dad says the fifties are even better. ;)  C.  http://journalsaol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

I turned 40 last year and am in the midst of starting a whole new life too! It's both wonderful and scary! Good luck to you, I'm sure your exactly where you are supposed to be.
Shadie

Anonymous said...

I just recently found your journal...I am really enjoying it!

Tracie

Anonymous said...

I'm 47 now and am still waiting for my mid life crisis.

Anonymous said...

You still have a "life ticket" so get on the rollercoaster and enjoy the ride. The dips will only remind you of how good it feels when you hit the high side of it!! yeeeeehaaaaaaaaa its ok to scream on the ride too lol lol