Sunday, March 5, 2006

Complacency

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."  ~ Will Rogers

"You only coast down hill."  ~ Me

Snowboarding dude, animated cartoon

I know me.  LOL.  As I make progress in anything I usually become complacent in some part of my life.  I'll let little things start to slide.  I don't like to admit it.  As usual it is the little things that make the difference instead of the big, grand moves.  All those little things add up to big things and in the long run do and mean more.  I've had this hammered into my head many times over the years, but still have a problem with it.  It plays to my strengths which is to pick thinigs up fast and accomplish things fast.  So I can let things back up then do a quick sweep through.  It works to a point or should I say it allows me to survive, but I don't think it allows me to fully live.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds awfully familiar to me.  I do the same thing.  I wish I could tell you the reason why.  Maybe some day we will figure it out ?  lol      Tina