Thursday, March 23, 2006

CD's & Albums

Just so everyone knows there is a new Foamy Cartoon out today.  The topic is CD's.  It was very funny as usual and I had to agree with his points.  LOL.  The biggest is the stickers they have on the side of the CD's which if you remove them wrong collect all kinds of crap.  I have perfected taking them off by slicing the top and pulling downwards.  Actually know a days my cases sit in a box somewhere.  I keep the book and CD in a binder to save room.  Wow what a space saver.  So happy to have seen it in a catalog one day.

However I do miss all my albums that I got rid of a few years ago.  Again it was logistics which made me get rid of them.  Just too much of a pain to keep moving around 1000's of albums.  However I do find myself lately searching the thrift store bins for albums these days.  Not to play, but to decorate.  There were some really classic covers that I would love to frame on put on the wall.  Now I just need to find them.  It's weird to see so much that I use to have and had been part of my life for so long.  Now to feel the mild pain of loss or longing.  I'm not quite sure which.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now and then I see things that people collect....like the old metal lunch boxes and stuff....that we had as kids...I wish we had kept some of that stuff. I would love to have a display in my house of some of the old things we used to have....

Tracie

Anonymous said...

we have albums here still from our past. My son gave my hubby a machine that plays records (and CDs/tapes) for Christmas. The records still play; amazing! My son had never seen a phonograph player before (he's 17)

betty

Anonymous said...

yes I lost all my albums when I lived with someone in FLorida. It's a along story, but I rented a room from her and she hid my albums.