Monday, March 20, 2006

Fathering

They gym over the weekend is a sad place for me.  It's in the locker room that it occurs.  The sound of children can be heard all over.  The sounds of excitement, sounds of laughter, of fun, of curiosity, of just children.   Just miss it in my day to day life.

My son has not ridden his bike since I gave it to him.  I have asked him each week if he has, but he has answered no.  Through all that has gone on I hate to do things that make him uncomfortable or maybe it's just me.  However I would like to know his reasons.  So I will ask tonight.  If he doesn't want to answer that will be okay, but I can't shy away from my questions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes you should ask I'm sure there is a good reason It has been very cold here maybe that's it. Hugs, Marina

Anonymous said...

I'm sure there's a good reason. Like Marina said, it could be cold or maybe too dark to ride it. I'm sure he appreciated the bike; most kids love them

betty

Anonymous said...

It has to be so hard for you to live so far away from your son? Do you get him over the summer?  When is the next time you get to see him?  I hope it's soon.

Anonymous said...

I think, as women, we tend to forget that men love their children as much as we do. I felt so bad for you reading this. I don't know your whole story....have to go back and read your journal from the start....but I assume your son lives far from you?

Tracie