Saturday, May 26, 2007

Baking at the Strawberry Festival

Well are extra person canceled so it ended up being Gina and myself at the festival.  She had never been there so it better having a newbie there.  Since the festival is down to a science .  The vendors are all in the same place they are every year.  It's like deja vu.  We did get to catch the end of the pig races.  The little piglets are really cute and I love when they jump into the water.  It was a hot one today and I made sure to dress for the weather.  Actually I think my shoulders got a little red.  I was surprised when I looked in the mirror.  Still have that skinny kid look in my mind and not the person who has been in the gym regularly for a year and a half.  Someday it will sink in.

My friend Peggy may be coming to the area for the weekend, but I still haven't heard anything from her.  I love my old friends, but I have to admit there all pretty flaky when it comes to staying in touch.  When we were in college together I had a think for her, but she was unhappily married at the time.  When I ran into her last year at a seminar she still looked like she did in school and had been divorced for a decade.  However I had forgotten all the craziness that went along with her.  While it's good to keep in touch I wouldn't push things any farther.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love strawberries...I'd go broke there...hmmm I think I have some in the fridge...excuse me I think a healthy snack is in order!