Thursday, May 17, 2007

Update

Just to let everyone know I'm doing well.  It's amazing what a dose of manipulation will do to you.  I'm very sensitive to it after 16 years with my ex and I can spot it in a sec.  So I was pretty freakin' angry this morning when I read L's message.  Actually I was surprised she wrote back, but I guess she couldn't have it on her shoulders so she tried to dump it back on me.  Well hell I feel better than I have all week. 

Pulled myself out of the muck last night after I did a arthritis presentation to a diabetes support group.  I've done the talk before with everyone very happy with it.  I was really surprised that it was pretty quiet last night with no questions.  It made me feel uncomfortable for a while until I cut them out of the equation.  I knew I did the best job I could and I believed it was a good one.  With that attitude and perspective I felt better.  The funny thing is that I had a new patient come in this morning and another worker in the place was at the talk last night.  Small world.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You da' man, Mike!!  

Big hugs

Jackie

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you still feel angry & and are not open to another perspective or possibility. I'm not saying she handled it the best way but like I said we are all human. None of us do things always the best way & I guess I figure if I want people to give me a break at times I better give them a break...sometimes we are the hardest on the one's we care about the most because they are the ones who can hurt us the most.

Anonymous said...

You sound angry and I don't blame you!!  I know you will be just fine.

Terra

Anonymous said...

happy that your work thing went good. I know you did the best job you can. Now me being a woman, I don't recall ever telling a guy I needed a break. If I want to be with someone then I'm with them. I mean maybe she's different in her thinking who knows. Just good luck with all this.

Anonymous said...

good that you bounced back from that email, it means you're (becoming) stronger.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Gem :-)