Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Waiting Time

I hate this 5-10 minutes when the patient is suppose to be here, but there not.  Are they coming?  Are they being a total bonehead and forgot?  I get anxious in this little time period.  After a while I rather they not come since I can work myself up.  I think it drives me back to a period when never knew how my Mom was going to be when she got home.  The unknown of what is going to walk in the door.

Yesterday a patient finally got in after several reschedules, but he called each time.  He was very apologetic, but I was it was okay.  You called and that is all that matters.  Shit happens and as long as you call in any relationship it's okay in my book.

Man I'm getting old.  I'm tired today after staying up late last night.  I need my 8 hours of sleep. 

Okay the allotted 10 minutes has passed and he hasn't shown.  So it's not happening and I'll call to reschedule.  The day just got a little slower.  Well it does allow me some more time to practice my presentation for tonight.  I was asked for a bio.  I put some info together and emailed over asking my friend to put it into some sense since she would be reading it. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

when your practice is crammed you will be glad that patient is late because your so busy lol
Donna In TEXAS

Anonymous said...

So will charge if they do not call to cancel but they put that in writing so they know ahead of time. That would make sure people called & rescheduled!!!

Anonymous said...

Last time I took M to the dentist, we were stuck behind an accident.  I called to let them know we'd be late; I was so frustrated.  Thanks for the reminder that it was a good thing to do.  Now, another doctors office, he keeps patients waiting over an hour, consistently.   I only use him when needed, and politely let his staff know when I have time constraints but argh.