Thursday, May 31, 2007

My 15 Seconds

Well I got my 15 seconds on the radio this morning.  My radio station was talking about how Regal cinemas is now introducing this remote control for customers in the theater to alert them of problems with the picture quality, sound, if some one is pirating, or someone is being a problem.  They were wondering if it was a good or bad idea.  I voted bad.  I use to be a movie usher many years ago when I was a teenager.  We use to have to do regular walk through's to make sure everything is okay.  I never see them now a days.  If the ushers not going to come in the theater now a days a remote is not going to help.  Also people with a high threshold for crap won't want a remote.  It'll be the person with the low tolerance and they'll be hitting it because the person behind them burped.  The theater business is not what it use to be years ago.  It was a really fun job.

We're having a block party tomorrow in the executive park that I work in.  Actually myself and someone else is giving it.  The owners don't seem to care, but the employees seem to like it.  The ironic incident was when I walked into the security place.  No one answered as I walking and down the long hallway.  When I finally walked into the office the woman there was scared.  Like jeez you would expect the security sales people to have something in place to protect their own people.  I guess not.

Also I added a map to the page now.  So that everyone can flag where they are.  Enjoy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have been on the radio a few times..must be my accent...they once asked what fried bread was in england so i called in to tell them..another time it was what was bubble and squeak...
Off to put me on your map..
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I like the remote idea for the movies! NOT a single usher wlaked in either time I went to see Shrek 3 ... I wonder if there is a seat kicker button!?

Anonymous said...

One of "my" radio stations talked of this today, too.  They pointed out that those remotes would only be given out to their most frequent customers.  Okay, fine, I have one of their cards but I prefer to wait until it's a somwhat worthwhile movie before shelling out a ton of money:)  Anyway, congrats to you and I can see your points.  It could be cheaper for them to just reinstall more ushers, but it's not a gimicky to do that.