Saturday, May 19, 2007

Stockley Garden

Gina & Me

Well it turned out to be a nice day here.  I picked up my friend Gina and we headed out around noon.  There was too many events going on today and everyone else was scattered across the seven cities.  We actually took a detour and hit a flea market first.  I haven't been to one in like 20 years so it was fun. 

Twice a year the Stockley Garden art show happens.  It's in a quaint area of Norfolk with big old houses.  A lot of trees near a waterway.  It all leads to a nice relaxing time.  Gina had never been to one yet so it was an experience for her.  Actually this was the first time I wasn't going with any intention of buying anything.  Just being a tourist today.  I have to admit it is mostly the same old artist, but I do get to see their new stuff. 

Afterwards Gina suggested Five Guys Burgers.  I had never been there before and she was a regular.  They do a good burger.  Being thrift store people we hit a couple of them before I dropped her off.  I did hit one more after I dropped her off and found a nice find of Pokemon Monopoly.  I know Eric will like that and it will be something for us to play over the summer.

I see this time around my friends are all on the lookout for single women for me.  It's very nice of them.  I'm not dissuading them, but I think I am a hunter and enjoy finding her myself. 

The world's smallest Mercedes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thAT IS A very small car yikes
Donna In TEXAS

Anonymous said...

I Love Farmer's Marekets & going to outdoor craft/flea markets etc. Sooo much fun. Looks like lots of fun & makes me want to find out when mine starts & go! :-) I just got up to my folk's place with my niece & we saw a carnival all lit up on the city's main street. We plan to go for lunch tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I love farmers markets too. Fresh Produce is so very good for you. Sounds like you had a wonderful afternoon.
Nice Picture.
You two look very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

cool car and nice pic of you and Gina.
Gem :-)